Have you ever started exercising and dieting specifically because of the fat under your chin? Did you find that regardless of how strenuous and regimented you were with your weight loss plan, you still couldn’t shed that unwanted fat? If so, don’t worry—you’re not alone. Roughly 47% of adults between the ages of 18 and 57 who were surveyed reported not being happy with the appearance of their chin, says a recent American Academy of Dermatology survey.
At Trouvaille Med Spa—Bonita Springs’ choice medical spa—we understand this struggle, and because we are relentlessly committed to providing our customers with the safest, most cutting-edge techniques and cosmetic treatments, we have a solution to this problem. Specifically, we have a new noninvasive, cosmetic injectable called KYBELLA. Read on to find out more about this state-of-the-art product that is helping people achieve a younger, slimmer facial appearance.
How KYBELLA Works
KYBELLA is a new cosmetic injection that removes submental fullness—the clinical name for the fat under your chin. The key ingredient in KYBELLA is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring acid that helps to break down and absorb fat. When injected under the chin, KYBELLA not only reduces fat cells, it destroys them, rendering them unable to store or accumulate fat. The dissolved fat becomes cellular debris that eventually gets metabolized and excreted as waste.
After receiving a thorough examination from your KYBELLA-trained specialist and collaborating to outline realistic goals, your specialist will tailor a treatment plan for you. On average, plans will include six treatments that will take place a month apart, each treatment taking roughly 15 to 20 minutes.
The number of treatments varies from patient to patient, but patients typically begin seeing fat cells disappear within four to six weeks after injections. Once the desired look is accomplished and treatment is complete, patients are not expected to need any routine follow-up treatments, making it a perfect option for those looking for permanent results.
The Side Effects
Considering the power of KYBELLA, its side effects are rather mild compared to similar procedures. KYBELLA is FDA approved, and it has been proven safe and effective in over 20 trials involving 1,600 patients.
The most severe reported side effects are nerve injuries and facial muscle weakness in the jaw (experienced by 4 out of 100 people) and trouble swallowing (experienced by 2 out of 100 people). These instances are quite rare, and the most common side effects are minor and short-lived. These include:
KYBELLA is the first and only FDA approved injectable that is designed to destroy fat cells below the chin. On top of this, it boasts a number of other benefits, to name a few:
- Noninvasive/Nonsurgical—KYBELLA is administered through multiple injections. This makes it a great alternative to invasive and surgical procedures like liposuction. This also means no anesthesia.
- Little Risks—Considering its efficacy, the potential side effects—swelling, bruising, and discomfort—are mostly mild and can be treated with ice, over the counter medication, and time.
- Fast and Effective—Most people begin seeing a slimmer, sharper jawline within four to six weeks of treatment, and once the fat cells are destroyed, they are gone forever.
- No Upkeep or Future Costs—Because the active ingredient in KYBELLA destroys fat cells, the results are permanent, meaning no routine maintenance and treatments. However, to achieve maximum results, patients should continue living a healthy life.
- Profile Changer—We mean this both literally and figuratively. KYBELLA is capable of changing the contours of your facial profile. Once the fat cells are destroyed, your skin will hang tight to the shape of your jawline and give you a new look—a much younger, slimmer look.
Before receiving KYBELLA treatments, you should always notify your medical specialist regarding all of your medical conditions. This is especially true if you have had previous cosmetic work or surgery on your face, or if you have had any prior medical troubles or conditions in the area that is to be treated. Pregnant women or women planning to become pregnant should avoid KYBELLA.
Since its arrival in 2015, KYBELLA has received tremendous feedback among both men and women. Many of the recipients are new to aesthetic treatments and have little to no experience with cosmetic physicians. If you are Interested in sharpening your jawline in a quick, effective, and nonsurgical way, contact Trouvaille Med Spa.
Trouvaille Med Spa is the premier destination for Bonita Springs and Naperville residents looking to achieve a healthier, younger, more vibrant look. We strive to be at the forefront of med spa treatments and offer our clients an array of diverse and powerful technologies and treatments. We are the only med spa in Bonita Springs providing laser hair removal, anti-aging treatments, and the newest state-of-the-art laser technology, the Halo. Contact us today at (239) 319-2200 to schedule your appointment!