Laser skin therapy is a proven-effective way to reduce wrinkles, acne scars, age spots, and other facial blemishes. In addition to reducing skin irregularities, it can also tighten skin and balance skin tone.
Though laser therapy isn’t an entirely new procedure, there are a lot of different variations and new advancements. As the trusted laser medical spa in Bonita Springs and Naperville, we at Trouvaille Med Spa would like to dedicate this blog to sharing with you some basic information on laser therapy.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
There are few types of lasers used in laser therapy—carbon dioxide (CO2), erbium, pulsed-dye, and fractional lasers, for example. Though each is different, they all, more or less, do the same thing: remove damaged skin cells at the surface-level and help remove the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes. Specifically, by sending short, concentrated beams of light at irregular skin, the outer layer of your skin—the epidermis—is removed, stimulating the growth of new collagen fibers and smoother, firmer skin.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Laser Therapy?
Those who have wrinkles or fine lines around the mouth or eyes, acne scars, or skin that is not responding to facelift treatments may be good candidates for laser skin therapy. If you are unsure about whether or not you would be a good candidate, contact a certified cosmetic surgeon or medical spa professional. They can not only help determine if you’re a good fit, but they can work with you to find the best possible treatment.
If you are in the Naples or Bonita Spring area, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of skin care professionals can work with you to help you achieve the look you desire.
What Are the Different Types of Laser Therapy?
Because the capabilities of lasers are so great, there are a variety of devices, methods, and treatments. As a premier laser medical spa, here are some of the laser treatments we offer to our customers.
- Acne Treatment—Suitable for patients dealing with severe acne or acne scars, our laser acne treatment utilizes our Sciton BBL technology to help achieve clear complexion.
- Forever Young BBL—Building on the technology of the JOULE platform, BBL uses advanced dual-lamp technology to rejuvenate skin and delay skin aging. The BBL technology works by reaching below the skin’s surface to attack the source of the problem. At Trouvaille Med Spa, we use this treatment to for scar revision, and vein and acne treatment.
- Halo Treatment—This procedure uses technology to eliminate years of damage and restore the luminous glow of your younger skin. Halo is the first and only hybrid fractional laser treatment, and Trouvaille Med Spa is one of the only medical spas in the area to offer this cutting-edge technology.
- Laser Hair Removal—Regardless of your skin type, we can adjust our state-of-the-art hair removal technology for safe and effective hair removal.
- MicroLaser Peel—Intended to address top-layer, facial conditions, MicroLaser Peel removes the thin layer of damaged skin, creating a more youthful appearance. It’s often used to treat mild wrinkles, scars, keratosis, sun damage, and pigment irregularities.
- Profractional Therapy—Used to improve overall skin appearance, this is a quick and comfortable laser procedure. Unlike full field resurfacing, profractional treatment focuses on only a portion of the treated skin.
- Skin Resurfacing—From microdermabrasion to CO2 treatment, we use our laser technology to resurface the skin. It is a treatment that is capable of removing 5-15 years off your face in just 5 to 7 days.
- Skin Tightening Therapy—Using Sciton’s BBL skin-tightening technology we are able to target collagen and tighten skin. Trouvaille Med Spa is one of the first in the area to offer this new form of technology.
Click here to view our full list of laser treatments.
For cosmetic surgeons and cosmetic laser medspa professional, autumn is considered to be “laser season.” The reason for this is that after receiving any kind of laser treatment your skin becomes hypersensitive to the sun. Since the fall and winter months have the shortest amount of sunlight, this is the optimal time to undergo laser treatment.
With an array of cutting-edge technologies and skin care treatments, we are the premier destination for Naperville and Bonita Springs residents looking to achieve a healthier, younger, more vibrant look. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!